Bacherlor of Arts (Hons) Business, Accounting and Finance
Why study BA (Hons) Business, Accounting and Finance?
This course prepares you for the challenges of working in the business world and start any career with confidence. You will develop a robust understanding of applied financial theories and concepts.
Your three-year study allows you to enhance your knowledge and understanding in real world contexts. Should you choose to take ACCA, you will be entitled for exemption up to 9 papers.
As a graduate of BA (Hons) Business, Accounting and Finance, you will have specialist knowledge of accounting and finance together with a general knowledge of other business functions (such as marketing, human resources, and contemporary business management).
This course enables you to critically evaluate the relationships between business strategy and operational needs providing creative and innovative solutions through the use of companies financial resources. This course builds from understanding of basic financial accounts to the advice and consideration of strategic financial planning. This is an applied course where you would enter an organisation as a generalist manager with advanced financial acumen. You will be enterprising and entrepreneurial in approach utilising fully all aspects of business and finance - rather than treating accounting and finance as separate business identities.
Certificate will be awarded by University of Cumbria to participants upon successful completion of the course. The final award received is BA (Hons) Business, Accounting and Finance.
Professional Accreditation - The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
An exemption will only be awarded when ACCA is completely satisfied that it matches a student’s prior learning, and will ensure that the student has an equivalent level of knowledge to students who have completed the same examination of the ACCA Qualification by examination.
ACCA has now fully assessed BA (Hons) Business, Accounting & Finance programme (in Partnership with FAME College, Malaysia) for accreditation. Cohorts will be eligible for exemption for paper F1-F9.
- Completion of FAME Foundation Programme (Direct entry into Level 4/ Year 1)
- Completion of FAME Diplomas (Diploma in Business Administration, Diploma in Accounting and Finance, Diploma in Business Information Systems and Diploma in Entrepreneurship programmes) (Direct entry into Level 5/ Year 2)
- STPM with TWO(2) full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.0
- UEC with 5 subjects with a minimum 'B' grades
- Any other equivalent qualifications that is recognised by the government of Malaysia
- English requirements: Pass in SPM English or minimum band 2 in MUET.
Visit University of Cumbria's website: